Annual vaccination is the most effective way of preventing serious illness associated with influenza (flu) infection.
We offer regular flu vaccination clinics every year, usually from mid September onwards. We will try to invite you as early as possible. It is helpful if we have an up to date mobile telephone number, as this allows us to invite you by text message.
Flu vaccines are recommended and offered free of charge to certain groups of people, including those at higher risk of becoming seriously ill from flu. This includes:
- Older people (e.g. over 50 in 2022-2023 season)
- People with certain health conditions
- People who are pregnant
- People who live in residential care homes
- People who care for somebody else
- People who live with somebody who is immunosuppressed
- Children – please see Childhood Immunisations page
For further information, please call reception or see the NHS website.